With over 40 exciting study programs on bachelor's and master's level, you will certainly find the right program for you!
Follow the link to the individual study programs for more detailed information on course contents and job perspectives. Please note that there are different application deadlines and requirements for admission depending on your selected program and the country in which you completed your school or previous academic qualifications.
After you selected your preferred study program, start to collect your documents as soon as possible.
By the application deadline, you are expected to submit proof that you fulfill all admission requirements. You can find the admission requirements for your selected program on the respective website of the program (degree programs). In addition, you might be required to submit further documents depending on the country in which you completed your school or previous university education.
Your documents do not have to be officially certified by an embassy. Simple copies are sufficient for applying via Primuss portal.
School-leaving or previous degree certificates
All degrees acquired abroad must be approved by Hof University. We use the database “anabin” by the German Ministers of Education to assess degrees.
Requirements for bachelor's programs
Requirements for master's programs
You are applying for a program taught in English? Then, you need to prove your English language skills by an official test: TOEFL iBT 90 or IELTS 6.5.
You are applying for a program taught in German? You need proof of German language skills on level B2 according to the CEFR.
More information on language requirements
Personal application documents (all programs)
- Copy of your ID or passport (Non-EU applicants)
- Current CV
- Motivational letter (only required for specific programs - see application portal)
Your documents must be assessed by our partner uni-assist before you apply at Hof University if ...
- you apply for a bachelor's program, you acquired your university entrance certificate outside of Germany and you did not complete a previous degree program in the EU
- you did not complete an entire study program in the EU and apply for one of the following master's programs:
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (M.Sc.)
- Composite Materials (M.Eng.)
- Global Management (M.A.)
- Human Resource Management and Labour Law (M.A. / LL.M.)
- International Project Management (M.A./M.Eng.)
- Mechanical Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Sustainable Textiles (M.Eng.)
- Sustainable Water Management and Engineering (M.Eng.)
After successfull evaluation by uni-assist, they will issue you a preliminary review document (VPD). This document must be uploaded in Primuss portal and submitted with your application. We advise you to send your documents to uni-assist at least 4 weeks before the application deadline at Hof University.
Applicants who gained their higher education entrance qualification in the following countries must submit their certificates to the academic evaluation center (APS) before applying at Hof University: China, India, Vietnam. Please note that applicants from those countries cannot be admitted without the required APS certificate and must also submit the APS certificate when applying for a visa at a German embassy.
Here you can find detailed information on the APS process: APS China APS India APS Vietnam
Certain programs require passing of an aptitute test. You might be asked to submit specific documents (e.g. case studies) or pass a test or interview. You can find the details on the respective website of the program. Currently, this applies to the following programs:
- Communication Design
- Textile Design
- Applied Research in Computer Science
- Supply Chain Management/Logistics
- Marketing Management
Programs offered by our Graduate School require at least one year of work experience. Graduate School programs
Ready to apply?
Application is only possible via our application portal PRIMUSS. Applications sent via post or email will not be accepted.
Please take a moment to watch the video explaining the application process.
Apply in 5 simple steps:
- Create an account: We recommend using an email account that you monitor personally and frequently! You will receive all updates on your application status to this email address.
- Select a study program: You are free to apply for two or more degree programs at a time.
- Enter your information
- Upload your documents
- Submit the application
When applying via Primuss portal, please keep the following in mind:
- You can save your application data and continue to apply later.
- You can submit your application and add any missing documents until the date that you see in the document upload section.
- You must submit your application within the deadline. Late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
- Please do not change your email address during the application, admission and enrollment process.
- Application via PRIMUSS portal is completely free of charge. Uni-assist raises a small handling fee for issuing a preliminary review documentation (VPD).
- We do not recommend third persons to apply in your name (i.e. agents, spouses, relatives etc.).
After you successfully submitted your application, the admission team and examination board of the study program you applied for will carefully check your documents. You will be notified via Primuss portal in case there are any missing or rejected documents (e.g. due to low quality). Please make sure to check your emails regularly for updates.
As soon as the examination board has come to a decision on your application, you will be notified about admission or refusal by offical notification in Primuss portal. Notifications will usually be published no later than three weeks after the application deadline. In case of an admission, you will find your admission letter together with further instructions and information in Primuss portal. Please read the documents provided carefully as they explain all further steps.
Admission letters will only be available for download in .pdf format - no hard copies will be issued.
You decided to accept the offer? Great! Now, you must confirm your admission via Primuss portal and pay the fee as described in the admission letter.
Enrollment for your study program is conducted online completely. It is not possible to enroll in-person.
The following steps must be complete in order to be enrolled:
- You have confirmed your admission in Primuss portal
- You have paid the fee as explained in your admission letter
- You have uploaded a recent photo in Primuss portal
- Hof University has received electronic notification by a statutory health insurance provider about your insurance status. More information on health insurance
After all steps are completed you will be notified about your successfull enrollment by email.
Welcome at Hof University! Enrollment and Campus Card
Here you can find the current application deadlines (including extensions and exceptions) each semester: PRIMUSS application portal
For programs not listed in the application portal, currently no application is possible.
Regular application deadlines for first semester
For Summer Semester* (SS)
For Winter Semester* (WS)
|November 5 - November 30||November 5 - November 30||April 15 - May 31||April 15 - May 31|
|November 5 - January 15||November 5 - November 30||April 15 - July 15||April 15 - May 31|
|November 5 - January 15||November 5 - November 30||no application possible||no application possible|
|no application possible||no application possible||May 1 - June 15||May 1 - June 15|
|November 15 - January 15||November 15 - January 15||May 1 - July 15||May 1 - July 15|
* Winter Semester = October 1 - March 14; Summer Semester = March 15 - September 30
** EU students = students who gained their higher education entrance qualification in the EU or completed an entire study program in the EU
*** Master's programs start in WS and SS except for Sustainable Water Management and Engineering (M.Eng.) and Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (M.Sc.) which start in SS only. Bachelor's programs start in WS only, except for Computer Science international (B.Sc.) (starts in SS only) and Business Administration (B.Sc.), Business Law (LL. B.) and Economic and Organizational Sociology (B.A.) (start in WS and SS).