Hof University of Applied Sciences
Information on Covid-19 precautions in winter semester 2021
Here you will find an overview of Covid-19 precautions in the winter semester 2021 and the current hygiene concept for the examinations.
If you have any questions, please contact our team via e-mail: email@example.com
update: november 22nd, 2021
The Bavarian government is planning further restrictions for all those who are not subject to the 2G regulation (vaccinated, recovered) as of Nov. 24, 2021.
For the Hof University of Applied Sciences, the following applies after a discussion between the university management and the departments:
- Lectures will take place hybrid from Wednesday november 24th (presence + live stream or recording or discussed slides).
- Due to the currently unclear legal situation, internships, the library as well as tutorials and presentations (at the discretion of the lecturers) are also subject to the 2G regulation until further notice. The students who are thus excluded can catch up on the proof of participation at the end of January/beginning of February.
- Please note: As of november 24th there will no longer be a Covid19-antingen-testing offer available at Hof University
- from December 13th, all lectures will take place online to create a buffer for Christmas as a precaution.
- students who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons must use the hybrid offer (no presence possible).
- More information about the new regulations in January will follow soon.
update: November 8th, 2021
Due to the new infection protection concept in Bavaria, the following changes have been made at all stand and learning locations of Hof University of Applied Sciences
- since november 8th you have to wear a ffp2-mask when entering the university
- the obligation to wear masks inside the buildings remains in force in all meeting areas
- the distance rule of 1.5 m continues to apply as well as hand hygiene, absence in case of symptoms, etc.
- The obligation to wear masks outside the university is completely cancelled.
English-taught Bachelor's programs
Computer Science (B.Sc.)
In the Bachelor's program Computer Science (B.Sc.), you acquire not only up-to-date IT skills but also proficient German language and intercultural competences. You start studying in English language and get intensive German training so that you can switch to lectures in German later on!
Innovative Textiles (B.Eng.)
The Bachelor's program Innovative Textiles (B.Eng.) provides students with a profound foundation in innovative materials science (fibers, yarns, knitted, woven and non-woven fabrics, finishing chemicals) and modern processing technology (surface engineering, finishing).
English-taught Master's programs
Hof University Graduate School
For students with at least one year of professional experience, Hof University Graduate School offers exciting further education opportunities completely in English language. All programs comprise one year of internship – a great opportunity to apply your knowledge and get additional professional experience!
About Hof University of Applied Sciences
Practice-orientation, internationalization (focusing on India) and the intelligent use of resources (focusing on indoor climate systems / water) are at the heart of teaching and research at Hof University, which currently offers more than 30 bachelor and master degree programs in Business, Computer Science and Engineering. Our campus in Münchberg offers a unique education in Germany because of the relationship between the economy and the Textile and Design programs. Companies of upper Franconia also benefit from the centers of excellence and institutes at the University. The three research institutes concentrate on information systems, materials science and water and energy management. Our Graduate School offers full-time further education degree programs. The Bavarian-Indian Centre for Business and University Cooperation, which is affiliated to the University, boosts cooperation between Bavaria and India.
The success of our graduates in internationally active companies is the stimulus for all members of Hof University. All students are excellently educated and cared for in our internationally oriented Green Tech University. Our teaching is influenced by the ideas of strong-practice orientation, open-mindedness and resource efficiency. Thanks to continuous exchange and cooperation with industry, applied research develops high-end solutions for companies and thus guarantees the continuous renewal of our knowledge for the benefit of our academia. We stand for:
- Strong relationships with industry
- The intelligent use of resources with emphasis on water and energy efficiency