At Hof University, you can expect
- a first class, hands-on education
- a safe, friendly and open-minded study environment, especially for international students
- extensive personal support by our Welcome Center, International Office and Career Service
In addition, you benefit from
- assistance in finding accommodation
- orientation sessions prior to the start of your studies
- additional activities such as intercultural trainings, field trips and company visits
- 24-hours access to computer labs and library
- free wifi on campus
In November 2009, the General Meeting of the German Rectors' Conference adopted a National Code of Conduct for German Universities Regarding International Students.
The Code of Conduct aims to ensure that students from abroad receive the quality of support and advice needed when studying in Germany or that this support and advice is improved to ensure this. The code defines quality standards for foreigners studying at German universities and thereby establishes, for the first time, a set of common minimum standards in the fields of information and marketing, admissions, supervision, support and advice, plus follow-up services, on which international students can rely.
The guiding principle is, wherever possible, to grant international students the same rights as are available to German or EU students and, over and above this, to offer them the services and assistance that they particularly need as foreign guests.
International students with concerns about procedures or conduct that may constitute a violation of the code should feel free to approach the International Office or (especially in academic matters) the Ombudsman for International Students, Vice-President Prof. Dr. Dietmar Wolff.