|350€ - 550€
Incl. rent, water, energy, broadcast fee and internet. Housing options
|Amount for statutory student health insurance - expenses for private health insurance contracts vary
|Clothes, sports, recreational activities etc.
|Cell phone contract*
|For unlimited texting & talking and 5 GB of data (without phone)
|820€ - 1.020€*
expenses per semester:
|Specific amount changes per semester. More information about the semester fee
|For exchange students sent from partner universities and students in regular bachelor's and master's programs
|Only for students in programs offerd by our Graduate School
|only for non-EU students
|300€ - 400€
|400€ - 500€
* Specific amount depends on personal circumstances and individual lifestyle preferences.
Hof University offers scholarships aimed at providing financial support to foreign students to cover extra costs for living and study materials during their studies.
Funded by the Bavarian Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts, the DAAD (Stipet III) and Hof University Graduate School (only relevant for Graduate School students), the scholarships are subject to the reception of funds from those sources. Therefore, the distributed amount varies from semester to semester.
Applications for summer semester: approx. end of April
Applications for winter semester: approx. end of October
You can find all relevant information at a glance in our info leaflet on scholarships.
- International students must be enrolled as full-time students (exchange students are not eligible to apply) at Hof University for the respective semester.
- International students must be academically (previous examination performance) and personally qualified. Foreign students enrolled in Bachelor courses must have achieved a minimum of 90 ECTS to be eligible, Master students must have achieved a minimum of 30 ECTS at Hof University. Please attach a transcript of records.
- International students must be a resident in Germany.
- International students in financial need will be favored. Hochschule Hof may at any time ask for proof of given information.
Students receiving any additional public funding (e.g. BAföG, DAAD, Erasmus, any kind of governmental scholarship) for the same period of time cannot be considered and are exempted from this scholarship!
- Completed online application form
- Proof of enrolment
- Latest transcript of record with average rating
- Cover letter with short CV
- Proof of nationality (e.g. copy of passport)
Only complete and legible applications will be considered.
Please note: Only students already enrolled at Hof University are eligible for these scholarships. They are not granted prior to admission.
For more information regarding other scholarship opportunities, please consult the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) database.