The Institute for Hydrogen and Energy Technology (iwe) is an interdisciplinary center of excellence within the Engineering Department at Hof University. Research projects in the diverse fields of water and energy technology are initiated and conducted in an application-orientated manner. The iwe sees itself as an innovative device which provides an efficient dialogue between science and entrepreneurial practice through looking at current and practical topics.
Currently the following research groups work in the institute:
- Environmental management
- System simulation
- Innovative heating system technology
- Electrical power engineering and power electronics
- Heating and refrigeration systems
- Resource-efficient food production
- Water infrastructure and digitalization
- Trace substance removing technologies
- Photonics and water
- Anthropogenic water cycles
- Sustainability and project management in the water sector
For further information, please check the website of the Institute for Hydrogen and Energy Technology (iwe) (currently available in German only).