City Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt)


All persons living in Germany have to be registered at the city they live in.

This is also necessary for all international students, both from non-EU and from EU countries.


For the “Federal Citizen’s Registration Act” please bring the following documents with you:

  • passport (Non-EU citizen) / ID card (EU citizen)

  • landlord's certificate (Wohnungsgeberbescheinigung), which you will receive when signing a rental contract in Germany.


The clerk will save your personal details (name, place of birth, address in Hof, home address etc.) to their database. If you change your place of residence, for instance when you move to another city in Germany for an internship or when you leave Germany for good, you have to sign off at the Resident Registration Office. If you change your place of residence within the same city, you also have to report your change of address.

In most cases, non-EU citizens have to register at the Immigration Office (Ausländerbehörde) in Hof in order to receive a German residence permit.



Campus Hof

95028 Hof

Campus Münchberg

Kulmbacher Str. 76
95213 Münchberg

Campus Kronach

Kulmbacher Straße 11
96317 Kronach

Fon: +49 (0) 9281 / 409 3000

Campus Selb

Wittelsbacher Str.41
95100 Selb
Fon: +49 (0) 9281 / 409 3000