Master in General Management (M.B.A.)
“The beautiful small town took my heart away. Studying at Hof University is the most fulfilling educational experience. Students here have a strong relation with the industries and professors. The university provides us with an international platform and prepares us for our future careers in Germany and around the globe.
跟我一起學海飛揚 Let’s meet in Hof!"
M.B.A. General Management student from Taiwan
You already earned a Bachelor and gathered some professional experience? You feel a need for deeper knowledge of management and economics, especially for earning a leading position? Then our MBA program in General Management is just right for you. Kick-start your career with our perfect interdisciplinary toolbox of knowledge and skills in strategy development and leadership competence.
Our business-oriented modules provide you with the strategic and financial framework of companies. Find out about the critical factors for success in leadership and change processes and how to master them with expert communication and negotiation skills.
With our holistic management approach, we also look at business operations such as purchasing and the implications of digitalization. Our teaching methods include various modern methods such as cloud-based simulations, haptic management games and case studies.
|Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)|
|language of instruction||fully taught in English language|
|duration||4 semesters (2 theoretical, 2 practical)|
April 15 - May 31 (winter semester)
November 05 - November 30 (summer semester)
|academic dates including|
October 1 - March 14 (winter semester)
March 15 - September 30 (summer semester)
|fees||EUR 3,150 in tuition fees per semester (i.e. a total of EUR 12,600) plus approx. EUR|
100 in student union fee per semester
After graduation, you are able to
- conceive a company as a complex system which is influenced by global trends such as digitalization,
- evaluate the implications of such megatrends on business models and
- initiate the appropriate changes to secure the future of a company
In addition, you benefit from
- German language skills of at least level B1 at graduation
- an innovative and diverse mix of teaching methods - virtual learning, blended learning, simulations and case studies besides regular lectures
- development of your intercultural competence
- excellent career perspectives, e.g. in strategic management, procurement management, key account management or marketing and brand management
"What I truly like about my university is the perfect combination of theory and practice. During the first year of study we had the opportunity to get to learn more in depth about the different economic sectors that are part of the business world. In the second year, we were given the chance to apply the theoretical knowledge we got in practice (during our internship-period), and get a feeling of the job market.
The second thing I appreciate is the diversity. Getting to know people from different countries with different backgrounds and cultures is precious.
I would recommend this experience to my peers out there; it will help you grow as a university student, life student and future employee."
M.B.A. General Management student from Albania
- The standard period of study is 4 semesters.
- The first two semesters provide practice orientated theory (case studies, working in labs, excursions, expert meetings…).
- The third and fourth semester is spent working as an intern in a company to gain more practical experience. The Master Thesis has to be written during this time as well.
- After successful completion of the program, Hof University of Applied Sciences awards the academic degree Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.).
The Master’s program contains 12 modules, 5 ECTS per module (4 basic modules + 6 core modules + 2 elective modules):
- Applied Economics and Research on the German Market
- Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Leadership and Change Management
- Strategic and Financial Framework
- Corporate Strategy and Controlling
Information and Process Management
Industrial Marketing and Sales Strategies
- Procurement Management and Risk Management
- Production Execution and Logistics
- Supply Chain Management
- Production Process Excellence
- Recent Trends in Management
- German language A2*
- German language B1*
* If you have a German language level of A1 at the point of admission, the modules German A2 and B1 are mandatory. Other elective modules may be passed as additional modules but will not count toward your degree and can be charged with an extra fee.
Students having advanced German language knowledge on level B1 or higher are free in choosing two elective modules. German language B2 or C1 can also be selected as electives.
The 3rd and 4th semester are dedicated to an internship (30 ECTS) in a company and a practical Master's Thesis (30 ECTS). For entering the internship, all students have to prove at least the German language level B1.
- Application of the methodological procedures which were obtained and trained during the entire program.
- The thesis should be written during the internship and should cover a current topic of the company.
- Topic selection has to be done in accordance with the supervising professor.
A unique feature of our M.B.A. is that students spend the second year (third and fourth semester) doing a practical internship in industry (e.g. in procurement, sales or project management). Also the Master thesis is project-based and done in cooperation with a company. Thus, you can immediately apply your knowledge, gain profound professional experience and earn money at the same time.
"I am a graduate from the General Management MBA program. Currently I am working at Allianz Technology as Finance Controller. What I liked most about my studies was the dynamic lectures focused into the practice combined with the experience of the professors.
Hof University gives you the opportunity of studying in a German University with a dynamic and international environment. You will get exposure to the German industry and job market. Hof University will give you the knowledge to be able to develop yourself in the changing and international world that we have. "
Graduate M.B.A General Management from Mexico City
(together with University President Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Jürgen Lehmann (right) and Prof. Dr. Daniel Werner on the occassion of being awarded the DAAD prize)
For an admission in this Master program, you need to fulfill the following admission criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar from an accredited university, at least 180 ECTS or equivalent (depending on the home country)
- Proficiency in English, proven by either
- official test score documents (TOEFL minimum 90 or IELTS 6.5 or above) or
- confirmation that the Bachelor’s program was taught completely in English language
- Basic language skills in German, proven by official test score documents (e.g. Goethe, telc, ÖSD) - minimum level A1 according to the CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- In individual cases, other certificates can be accepted, if they contain at least the following information: name and address of issuing institution, responsible persons/teachers, level according to the CEFR, content and grade of the exam.
- Attendance certificates are not sufficient as proof of basic German language skills.
- One year of work experience
For further information please check our application guide.
Please note that a study start in winter semester 2020/21 is guaranteed.
Currently, there are no changes regarding the application process for General Management (M.B.A.). Application is possible from April 15 to May 31. However, we are closely observing the Corona-situation and will react as flexibly as necessary.
The goal is to start lectures on campus. However, we want to give every student the guarantee for a study start in winter semester, even if there are still restrictions due to the corona virus (worldwide or in specific countries). In case of restrictions, we will start with online based teaching (live and recorded lectures, online tutorials and group coaching).
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact graduate.schoolhof-university.LÖSCHEN.de.
All applications must be done via our online application portal.
- The application period for winter intake is between April 15 and May 31.
- The application period for summer intake is between November 05 and November 30.
- An admission committee intensively scrutinizes all applications and decides about final admission. Admission letters will be issued in June for winter intake and December for summer semester intake.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition fees and support structure
Each semester costs EUR 3,150 in tuition fees, plus an administrative fee of approx. EUR 100 per semester. These fees include
- organizational support and guidance before your start at Hof University, e.g. with visa application, pick-up service upon arrival in Hof, assistance with administrative issues
- assistance in finding accommodation
- intensive social and academic guidance during your studies
- two week Orientation Period prior to the start of your studies
- special social and cultural activities for integration
- career-promoting activities such as intercultural trainings, field trips, company visits
- free public transport in the city of Hof
For a full overview on our support for international students and the practical issues of living in Hof, please have a look at the webpages of our Welcome Service.
Please get in touch with us!
Kindly use our contact form if you are looking for further information about the Master's program "General Management".