You need the English placement test if you want to attend an interdisciplinary English language course.
1. Time (about 60 minutes)
2. Headphones or a computer with speakers
You can also take the placement test yourself in the language laboratory.
1. You register for the test online.
2. The language center sends the test identifiers at the end of the registration period.
3. You take the test.
4. You receive the test result by e-mail and can then register for the desired course.
5. You bring this test result to the first lesson of the chosen course.
1. The mail with the test login for the English placement test is not sent by Hof University but directly by oup (Oxford University Press).
2. To make sure that the mail with the test login arrives well, please add this email address to your address book: email@example.com
3. If you have not received a test login email from firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.10.2023 evening, please check your spam folder before checking with the Language Center.
4. With your test result (will be displayed on the screen at the end of the test), you can register for the English courses until Friday, 13.10.2023 at 09:00 a.m.
The placement test remains valid for the entire course of study at Hof University.
You do not need a placement test if you have attended the course immediately below.
Please register for the course and arrange an appointment for the placement test with the lecturer in the first hour of the lecture.
For the first self-assessment you can use the following test: