A limited number of reading room workplaces can be used again in the both libraries.
At the same time, the libraries will again be accessible during normal opening hours. The 24h-opening remains suspended during the summer semester.
In order to use a workplace, prior reservation is required via our online booking system. Reservations can be made for 14 days in advance.
A limited number of PC workplaces are available. A reservation is not required.
Please note that FFP2-masks are also required at workplaces in the reading room.
In both libraries, the shelving areas are accessible again, so you can pick out media yourself and check them out at the self-service terminals.
You can still order media by specifying the title and signature (e.g. 100/QP 530 H979) via mail firstname.lastname@example.org and pick them up on the next opening day during the hours listed below.
We offer postal delivery for students who live outside the city of Hof or belong to a risk group. Please let us know your current mailing address.
Media can be returned in Hof preferably via the book return box in the foyer in front of the library.
Opening hours: (during semesterbreak 02.08.2021 - 01.10.2021)
Monday - Thursday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Friday 09:00 am - 01.00 pm
August: by arrangement (please call 09281-4093444)
tuesday 07.09. // 14.09. // 21.09. 09.00 am - 12.00 am
27.09. - 01.10.2021 09.00 am - 12.00 am
Please note there is still no 24h-access.
Registration is mandatory:
- Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we are required to document the contact information of all library users in order to trace chains of infection, if necessary.
- All users must register via the QRONITON app (at the library entrance).
- Users without a smartphone/tablet must register at the information desk.
- Please do not forget to log out again when leaving the library.
Rules of use:
- FFP2-Masks are mandatory throughout the library.
- Hof library: access to the library is limited to a maximum of 44 users at a time
- Münchberg library: a maximum of 6 users can use the library at the same time
- You are allowed to go to the shelves yourself and check out books via the self-service-system.
- Returns are farther possible. Library Hof: For returns please use the return box in the foyer in front of the library entrance. The library staff will check in the media.
- Copying and printing is possible. Admission to the copying room for maximum 1 person at the same time.
- You have the possibility to use a book scanner in both libraries.
- A video course "Introduction to Library Use" can be found in Moodle in the library's course section.
- All online services are available as usual. You can access our digital media and databases.