The Housing Office helps foreign guests to find suitable furnished accommodations in Hof or Münchberg. If you are coming from abroad to study or work here and need help in finding accommodations, please do not hesitate to contact us!
The Student Services Organisation (SWO) is our main provider of student housing. They run a dormitory in Hof and in Münchberg as well.
Besides the SWO you also can rent single rooms or shared flats on the private market.
It is advisable to search for an accommodation well in advance of your arrival!
Here you can find some general information about Housing.
The dormitory consists of 11 buildings with 227 rooms in shared flats for 4 students or in single apartments. German and international students live under the same roof.
This community provides comfortable single rooms with shared kitchen and all-inclusive-apartments with bathroom and kitchenette for altogether 100 students. The modern students residence hall was opened in March 2018 and is only steps away from the university.
The dormitory has 38 rooms in shared living units for 4 students or in single apartments. German and international students live under the same roof.
Besides the dormitories of the Student Services Organization we can also offer a great many rooms from other providers such as the BG and other private landlords.
Both houses offer accommodation for young people in vocational training, supervised accommodation for young people and accommodation for our international students.
· We have limited single rooms in private dormitories: Some rooms have a private bathroom and a kitchenette; the other rooms have a shared bathroom for 2-3 Person and a common kitchen for all tenants.
· The rent is about 260 - 350 Euro/month, including electricity, water, heating. Security deposit : ca. 500-700 Euro
· In the kitchen there are cupboards, a fridge and a stove.
· Washing machines and tumble dryers are coin-operated.
· You should bring your own kitchen items, bed linen, blanket, pillow and towel with you.
· 5 minutes to walk or by bus to the city centre, bus connection with not more than one change to the campus; the main railway is station also nearby.
The BG offers furnished flats for 2 students with two separate single rooms. Direct bus connection to the campus. We also have a wide range of private shared flats for 2- or 3 students all over Hof. In a shared flat you will have a single room and you share the bathroom and the kitchen with the other tenants. We also have a limited number of furnished flats for only 1 person:
· The kitchen provides you some basic kitchen utensils but you should bring a complete bedding and towel with you.
· In shared flat is the rental is ca 180-300 Euro/month/person excluding all costs for energy.
· In other shared flats is the rental is ca 250-380 Euro/month/person including the heating and water but not the electricity and internet.
· The price for a single apartment is higher.
· The rental varies from flat to flat. The security deposit amounts usually 2 monthly rents.
· You will get an individual offer from the Housing Office with exact details.
You can find ads for private shared apartments (WGs) and for apartments for example:
Rental offers in Hof:
Rental offers all over Germany:
Please note that real estate agents require an agency fee.