The Hof University of Applied Sciences has established an extensive, process-oriented quality management system into its structure. The system is based on the total quality management concept. Therefore, all activities are included and can be subsumed into the university`s core processes course of studies, advanced studies and research, the management processes and the support processes.
The university`s leadership, primarily the Vice President for Academic Affairs, is generally responsible for the introduction and implementation of the quality management system.
The quality management system is designed to be a continuous improvement system, which supports the advancement of the entire university.
Responsibilities of the quality management staff include:
- Development of quality management concepts that correspond to the criteria of the system accreditation
- Development and realization of course and program evaluations
- Development new processes
- Process modelling and publication
- Regular reviews of internal processes and documents together with subject matter experts
- Facilitation of process improvements
- Continuous Improvement agents
- Documentation and development of standardized frameworks (e.g. organizational charts, guidelines, handbooks etc.)
- Continuous improvement oft the quality management system
- Internal expertise in matters of quality management, accreditation, evaluation and processes
Find more information about our QM-Activities here...