Computer Science Laboratories
The Department of Computer Science runs several highly sophisticated computer laboratories in which specialized courses are held. Taking courses or working in the department´s laboratories requires a special instruction given usually at the beginning of each semester. Students sign a confirmation concerning both behaviour in the laboratories and use of the equipment. Authorized students access the rooms using their CampusCard.
Please note that some of our laboratory regulations are available only in German language. For further information please contact the responsible Head of Laboratory.
LABORATORY FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE | go to overview
Room: B 006
DATABASES AND OPERATING SYSTEMS | go to overview
Room: D 242
The laboratory for Mobile Computing offers the possibility to develop mobile apps for iOS devices. There are 30 iMac computers with the necessary XCode programming environment available. In addition, it is possible to design wireframes, screendesigns and icons for individual apps with the help of Adobe Creative Suite.
iPads for testing the apps via the simulator can be lent out.
- iMac with Quad-Core Intel Core i5
- 8 GB RAM (2x4 GB)
- 1 TB Harddrive
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M with 512 MB
MULTIMEDIA LABORATORY | go to overview
Room: B 114
This laboratory is used for applications in the field of design and multimedia in courses as well as for research. A special feature is the possibility to show stereoscopic content. For this purpose the following equipment is available:
- Stereoscopic projections (polarization technology, FullHD)
- 3 PCs with 3D displays and shutter glasses
- Autostereoscopic display
For audio playback a AVR 5.1 system is available.
2 projectors are available (each 1920x1080). For connecting devices brought along equipment can be used: 2 HDMI ports, AirPlay (AppleTV) or Miracast.
- Processor: Quad-Core-CPU (i7-6700K)
- Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
- Memory: 48 bzw. 64 GB RAM
- Display: 4K (27", 3840x2160) with USB-C (Power Delivery 90 W)
- Storage: 1 TB SSD + 480 GB SSD
- BluRay drive (recorder and partly reader)
- Windows 10 Education 64 bit (english)
- Affinity Designer, Photo, Publisher
- DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox, ReCap
- Unity, Unreal Engine, Leap SDK, Oculus
The software is installed in english language and thus can be used easily by foreign students.
The special instruction to get access to the laboratory will take place once a year for both semesters. The next date for winter semester 2020/21 as well as summer semester 2021:
Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (FB 114)
Friday, October 2, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. (FB 114)
Monday, October 5, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. (FB 114)
PHOTO STUDIO | go to overview
Room: B 011
LABORATORY FOR TRANSFORMATIONDESIGN | go to overview
Room: D 067