Design and Mobility is a course that focuses on the creative design of mobility. Means of transport and traffic systems are considered, shaped, defined, technological and ecological goals are pursued and the future is enriched in a way that is worth living in.
- Electrical engineering is addressing students interested in technology who want to help shape the change in industry and society through digitization and the rapidly increasing use of electronic and electrical components, e.g. in the field of electromobility, digital production, robotics, medical technology and energy technology.
- Mechanical Engineering prepares students for a wide spectrum of occupational areas. There is virtually no industrial field that does not employ a significant number of mechanical engineers. The job tasks range from product development to production, machining and technical sales.
- Mechanical Engineering International adds a compulsory study phase abroad to the standard program in Mechanical Engineering. This intercultural experience is becoming more important as German industry continues to expand worldwide.
- Industrial Engineering is addressing students interested in the occupational fields at the interface between technology and economy. These fields include: product engineer, marketing specialist, logistics specialist, sales engineer, or procurement engineer. Our graduates are ready to take responsibility as project managers for cutting edge products and process development.
- Materials Engineering is the ideal study program for technically interested students who want to work in the wide field of development, characterization and application of materials (metals, plastics, ceramics) and surface treatment technologies.
- Textile Designers create raw textiles and finished products. Their design competence relates to many variants of surfaces. It is based on design skills and creative sensibility, knowledge of modern production processes in interdisciplinary applications and the awareness of social aspects in the professional-economic context.
- Innovative Textiles is a truly international study program for German and foreign students that is taught in the English language. It provides students with profound knowledge of innovative materials science (fibers, yarns, knitted, woven and non-woven fabrics, finishing chemicals) and modern processing technology (surface engineering, finishing).
- Environmental Engineering prepares graduates for engineering facilities and processes in the internationally important fields of water management, water procurement, water treatment, water and wastewater reuse, water usage up to sewage treatment and disposal.
- The postgraduate program composite materials gives technical program graduates the opportunity for further qualification in the trendsetting field of composite materials.
- Technical graduates interested in simulation technology or energy management can choose the respective specialization in the mechanical engineering master’s program.
- Technical graduates interested in management can enroll in the project management master’s program.
- The Sustainable Textiles Master's program is aimed at graduates who already have a first degree (Bachelor or Diploma) in a textile- or chemistry-oriented degree program and who wish to further develop and qualify in the areas of sustainability and textile chemistry
The Sustainable Water Management and Engineering program is aimed at graduates who have a first bachelor's degree in a technical, preferably water engineering, course and want to deepen water management and technology with a focus on sustainability and digitization. Here you will get the tools to become a "Sustainability Creator in water management".
State-of-the-art equipment is available in our more than 10,000 sqm lab-area on both campuses to deepen the understanding of the theoretical concepts. Students first get to know the equipment in basic laboratory assignments and can then use them for project assignments towards the end of their programs. These projects are frequently run in cooperation with local industry to show the students the practical relevance of the subjects.
Hof University’s research institutes work on publicly and privately funded research projects. The research staff is partially recruited from our graduate and master students, who thus have the opportunity for a full academic stretch from bachelor to master and a doctorate at Hof University.