… high level of student care, interdisciplinary approaches and practice-based teaching…
With about 1570 students the Business Department is the largest faculty of Hof University of Applied Sciences. Competences necessary to solve economic and legal tasks are conveyed with scientific methods and expertise in media design.
You as a student will learn how to take responsibility and how to solve tasks goal-oriented and sustainably. Therefore skilfulness in the selection of methods and decision-making capability is essential.
Thus, besides a high standard of expertise, we attach particular importance to the personal development of key qualifications. We define key qualifications as self-responsibility, team work and performance capabilities, intercultural understanding and adequate behaviour, being able to present and a good knowledge of at least one of the world business languages – preferably acquired by international experience…
The faculties’ professors will guide and support you – characterized by years of practical management experience.
You can choose between the degree programs Business Administration, Business Law, International Management and Media Design.
Would you like to combine your studies with a professional training? Than our diversified Dual Program of Study might be of interest for you.
- Business Administration (B.A.) puts the emphasis on the acquisition of competences in economic core areas. The particular specialty of Business Administration are the major studies. Students can cluster the numerous core subject areas and specialize in accordance with their career aspirations.
- Business Law (LL.B.) teaches how to solve legal everyday problems on the basis of profound knowledge in Business Law and Business Administration. This includes mastering method and mind-set of the disciplines law and economy as well as knowing your company, its products and philosophy and finding individual, custom-tailored solutions, especially in contract-, commercial- and corporate law.
- International Management (B.A.) emphasizes the economical component and requires a high level of language proficiency. Intercultural competence is particularly promoted. Within the mandatory semester abroad and the internship abroad these abilities can be applied in practice. These experiences offer excellent job opportunities in international enterprises.
- Economic Psychology (B.Sc.) conveys business related and economic knowledge as well as recent findings of psychology. You will thereby learn to apply qualitative and quantitative research methods, based on the substantially methodological share of the course, and transfer them on to the corporate context. Beyond that, the study program's methodological focus paves the way for a fundamental qualification in independent and scientific working in the area of psychology.
- Media Design (B.A.) offers an ideal environment for the training and promotion of innovative and self-confident personalities in the area of design based on a concept- and strategy-oriented organization. The spectrum ranges from print media to corporate design, photo-AV media up to information visualization and interface design. Expertise in Media Design is conveyed within the range of applied, project- and target specific concepts up to free artistic experiments. Additionally, scientific debate and analysis (evaluation, usability etc.) offer access to research projects.
In the degree programs International Management and Business Administration it is possible to acquire a double degree in collaboration with partner institutions.
- You are talented and you possess the necessary qualifications? Thepostgraduate program Supply Chain Management/Logistics (M.Sc.) is the consistent continuation of our successful core subject area Logistics in the undergraduate program. The aim is to prepare students for the takeover of logistics management tasks. The degree program focuses on conveying the logistics interface know-how from the commercial as well as the technical perspective and integrates it into an overall concept.
- Thepostgraduate program Marketing Management (M.Sc.) offers the possibility for a qualification in the special fields of marketing which is unique in the German-speaking area. The advanced level courses include the specialties of marketing from sale of investment goods to online marketing, from trademark law up to dialogue marketing. This degree program is particularly popular with international students.
- The postgraduate program Human Resource Management and Labor Law (LL.M. / M.A.) offers graduates of legal and economic undergraduate programs the possibility to qualify for a classical, crisis-proof and promising occupational area. Besides legal and economic knowledge in the fields of labour law, social law and human resource management, you also acquire competences in the areas compliance, business ethics, corporate social responsibility, internal conflict management as well as personnel management and conversation management.
- The English language postgraduate program Global Management (M.A.) prepares students for taking over sophisticated specialist and management responsibilities within international companies. Major fields of study focus on the elaboration and practice-oriented application of, amongst others, international sales concepts, international competitive strategies or efficient global value chain concepts.
The course "Sectoral Marketing" deals with different approaches in marketing and advertising for different branches. Education Marketing was selected. First a competitor analysis was conducted, comparing how advertising is done by universities within a radius of 200 km.
A critical synopsis of the concepts finally led to the creation of an own concept, which led to the making of two spots.
Students were free to define content, plot and setting of the spots and created their spots on their own ideas.