Admission for the Master Applied Research in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, media informatics, mobile computing or business information systems or comparable study programs (210 ECTS)
- Above average grades in object-oriented programming, software engineering, computer networks and databases
- Proficient language skills in English (level B2) and basic skills in German (A1) to get along in Hof
English skills can be proven with a certificate stating that the bachelor studies were conducted completely in English.
- Written application that includes your bachelor thesis or another scientific paper you authored, a certification about an internship or practical work of at least 18 weeks and a two-page literature review about a research topic that is dealt with in one of the iisys research groups
- Oral exam with questions and discussion of a case study presented by you (can be done via video chat)
You can apply online.
- 15.04.-30.05. / 02.11.-30.11. (winter/summer): admission period; fill out the online forms and turn in your certificates (more information at our website)
- Mid of June / start of December (winter/summer):
you get your admission for the oral exam
- End of June / mid of December: oral exam
- Start of July/ end of before christmas: you get your admission for the research master
- September / March: online enrollment.
- 01.10. / 15.03.: your studies can start