INTERNET WEB SCIENCE (M.SC.)
Admission and application
The most important facts in a nutshell:
- 3 semesters (2 semesters of studies, 1 semester master’s thesis)
- The study program can be joined in winter as well as in summer term.
- Language of instruction: mostly German, single modules can be taught in English
- Online application here
Prerequisites for admission
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 210 credits (ECTS) in a relevant study program, or a diploma degree in a relevant study program, or an equivalent degree.
Relevant means that object-oriented programming, software engineering, databases and computer networks have been learned in reasonable breadth and depth. This can be assumed for study programs like Informatics, Computer Science, Media Informatics, Applied Computer Science and Business Information Systems. Other study programs will be analyzed and judged based on the description in the module catalogue.
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree and less than 210 credits have the opportunity to make up for the missing credits by attending appropriate modules from the bachelor study programs at Hof University.
- Admission to the master’s study program requires a degree with an overall grade of 2.3 or better.
Applicants receive bonuses on the overall grade by fulfilling one or more of the following criteria:
- they have completed an internship abroad in a relevant area for at least one semester
- they have job experience of at least one year prior to obtaining their bachelor’s degree
- they have job experience, in an adequate position, of at least six months after obtaining their bachelor’s degree
- they have done an additional voluntary practical phase of at least six months
- they can prove that they have an extraordinary motivation for the study program
- they have done a special professional training in preparation for the study program
Applicants from non-German speaking countries further have to prove good German language skills (e.g. an equivalent to a successfully mastered B2 language course)
Further details can be found in the study and examination regulations.