Academic degree: Bachelor of Arts
Duration: 3.5 years
Teaching language: German
Campus location: Hof
Special entry requirements: None
…2 Degrees - practical training and scientific study…
The need for qualified and performance-motivated professionals and executives is unwavering. Therefore, in today’s economy there is great demand for an academic education in which theory and practice are closely linked. This is particularly evident in a paper of the DIHK in May 2015, entitled "competent and practically oriented - Industry expectations for graduates". Degree programmes marked as “University Dual” combine an excellent university education with a great deal of professional practice (up to 50%). Students and companies benefit equally. Our particular strength is the Combined Study Course - a combination of chamber apprenticeship and study. We focus on the coordination between vocational school and university as well as the coordination with the numerous companies that participate in our program. This offer is complemented by the study in combination with practice (SMVP), which can be started with or without a previously completed apprenticeship.
A dedicated team of professors and lecturers provides basic and continued area-based education and practical solutions based on the most current professional practices. In addition to expertise, the key skills required in the aforementioned paper of the DIHK are supported. At least one business language is to be chosen as a foreign language. On request, a second language can be chosen.
The practical semester integrates both the apprenticeship study process, and the learning environment is transferred from the university to the company. The practical portion of the four and a half year Combined Study Course lasts more than 2 years in total. Therefore, upon graduation candidates are "ready for the job" or have the opportunity to undergo a dual master's program.
Following the practical semester, based on business knowledge, candidates select from the following specializations:
- Controlling and Financial Management
- Human Resource Management and Organisation
- Health Management
- Tax and accounting
- Business Formation
In cooperation with foreign partner universities, following successful completion of a semester abroad, the degree of the foreign university can be awarded.
Advantages of dual studies
- 2 final certificates: practical training and academic studies
- extensive opportunities for solving operational problems (projects and theses) in cooperation with the University
- reduction of the overall time for apprenticeship and study from 6 to 4.5 years
- starke Integration des Lernorts „Unternehmen“ in die Hochschulausbildung mit Umsetzung theoretischer Kenntnisse in der Praxis
- strong integration of the "company" learning environment into the academic education by putting theoretical knowledge into practice
- possible remuneration during studies
- early selection, development and retention of qualified employees and strong competitive positioning of technically superior graduates
- effective employment of students by the company
- transfer without extensive post-graduate training
Alumnus, Business Administration Dual (Combined Study Course)
"My completed Combined Study Course at the University of Applied Sciences Hof was the perfect combination of valuable practical experience and academic training at the University.
The combination of theory and practice created a valuable foundation for a smooth entry into the workforce after graduation."