Key qualifications – Business Administration (B.A.)
They provide students with a "key" to the adoption of the required expertise, language skills and specific skills. In a working environment, in which lifelong learning, cooperation and global thinking have become indispensable, these skills form the basis for sustainable success.
Personal and social skills as well as the mastery of common working methods are expected from young professionals.
A responsible and active stance as well as respect and understanding for other people, especially from different cultures should be promoted and encouraged. Graduates should be able to work in a team and be prepared for the acceptance of later managerial positions. Owing to a stable value system, you can provide yourself and others with orientation within a changing environment.
For all freshmen of the Faculty of Economics an introductory reception is offered to the students of each respective study program.
Personal, social and methodological competencies are...
According to the study and examination regulations from 15th March 2015, courses of social and methodological competencies (SMC) and courses of personal competency (PC) will be offered. Each student requires two courses of SMC and two of PC. Languages (Unicert 1 French or Spanish) can be credited instead of SMC, further details regulates each respective valid study regulations.
The following assignment applies:
SMC (Business Administration 4)
- Working in International Companies and Organizations
- Working in Groups
- Doing Business in Asia
- Successful Talking: Speech Training and Body Language
- Principles of Sustainability Management
- Communication in Conflict Situations
- Studying and Working Techniques
- Organizational Development
- Presentation and Rhetoric
- Project Management
- Project Organization
- Negotiation Techniques
- Working in Virtual Teams
PC (Business Administration 6)
- Working and Leading in International Companies
- Successful Selfmanagement
- Working Environment of the Future: What future managers need to know
- Management Methods
- Media Competence
- Career Management and Self-Confident Manner within the Profession
- Stress Prevention and Time Management
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
If in addition to the offer of the University of Hof, courses of vhb are to be credited, the consent of the examination board must be obtained in advance.