Health insurance

The German government and the European Union have made it mandatory for all foreign students to have health insurance for the entire duration of their studies in Germany.

Students from the EU or from other countries with which Germany has a health insurance agreement may maintain the health insurance from their home country by bringing a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or an E 128 / E 111 form. All other international students are required to either take out a health insurance by a state health insurance provider located in Germany or prove sufficient health insurance for abroad.

The German student insurance has standard price slabs (about €80 per month) and it is highly subsidized by the state especially for the students to ease their financial burden.

Adequate health insurance coverage is a pre-requisite for enrolment.

Liability insurance

We strongly recommend you take out a liability insurance for the whole duration of your stay in Germany.

Accident insurance

All enrolled students are automatically insured against accidents related to their studies.

During practical semesters students are entitled to statutory accident insurance provided by the employer.

Please note: Students are obliged to immediately report accidents of any kind (including those occurring on the way to the university or on the way home) to the Student Affairs Office.



Campus Hof

95028 Hof

Campus Münchberg

Kulmbacher Str. 76
95213 Münchberg

Campus Kronach

Kulmbacher Straße 11
96317 Kronach

Fon: +49 (0) 9281 / 409 3000

Campus Selb

Wittelsbacher Str.41
95100 Selb
Fon: +49 (0) 9281 / 409 3000