|Lecturer||Prof. Dr. Beatrix Weber, Prof. Dr. Ashraf Sabry|
|Second examiner||Prof. Dr. Stadtmann / Prof. Dr. Sabry gegenseitig|
|Semester hours (per week)||2|
|Self-study / Exam preparation||-22|
1. Competition process: Features and course of action
2. Competition parameters and market structure
3. Restraints of competition and their impacts on market result
4. Targets and tools of competition policy
5. Agencies, targets and operating mode of the EU' competition policy
6. Competition Law and Market structure
7. System of Competition Law within the EU
Students are able to
1. specify and describe the competition process
2. express and classify all kinds of competition restraints
3. refer and evaluate the targets and methods of competition policy in the EU
4. illustrate and explain the aftermath of competition policy measures
5. understand the interaction of market policy and competition law
6. denominate the system of competition law within the EU
7. solve simple cases
|Requirements||Formal requirements according to the study and examination regulations.|
1. Xavier Vives: Competition Policy in the EU: Fifty Years on from the Treaty of Rome, Oxford.
2. Michelle Cini et. al.: The Competition Policy in the European Union, Palgrave Macmillan.
3. Heiko Bubholz: EU competition policy, e book.
4. Alison Jones/Brenda Sufrin: EU Competition Law
5. Richard Whish/David Bailey: Competition Law
Es wird empfohlen, jeweils die neueste Auflage zu verwenden. Weitere Literaturempfehlungen werden in der Lehrveranstaltung bekannt gegeben.
|Exam procedures||Oral exam 15 Min.- 5 ECTS|
|Permitted Examination Aids||none|
|Types of media||Blackboard, LCD projector, overhead projector|
|Frequency of course offerings||WS/SS|